If you pay attention to your cable or satellite provider they will occasionally have free movie weekends and since my middle name is “Cheapbastard” I’ll DVR any movies that are free. I started watching “Almighty Thor” and painfully got through the first ten minutes before I gave up and started to write a bad review. Then it hit me, wait, that wasn’t Cody Deal. Shame on “Thor” being released after The Asylum’s “Almighty Thor” and this wasn’t the first time that’s happened to them. So, I had to watch “Almighty Thor” immediately.
With that said “Almighty Thor” helped me recover and I was able to kick back and enjoy a good movie. Thor (Cody Deal) did a great job and I forgot how huge Kevin Nash was who played Odin until he was standing next to Booker, I mean Loki (Richard Grieco). Jarnsaxa (Patricia Velasquez) who was Thor’s protector was the one kicking ass before she trained Thor. I’ll tell you, The Asylum knows how to pick them when it comes to female fighters, check out “Dragon Crusaders” http://wp.me/p2eH5w-11 .
To prove I was entertained, I couldn’t find anything smart ass to comment on, but then it happened. Just over an hour in, there’s a woman with a stroller behind Jarnsaxa and Thor. I think she just wandered into the scene because she looks incredibly confused and doesn’t know what to do.
When you have good actors, story and special effects the movie flies by, sometimes too fast and before I knew it the movie was over. Watching Loki’s pets attack and destroy the city was fun and kinda funny how they pounced on buildings and cars. Asylum fans are spoiled with the talents of Joseph Lawson and his special effects team!
One of Loki’s goals was to kill the “Tree of Life” and even though Loki is the bad guy I was rooting him on because “Tree of Life” was a terrible movie and how it was nominated for best picture proves there’s a lot of drug abuse in the academy. All in all “Almighty Thor” is a fun movie to watch.
What to watch for:
- Thor running toward Loki with an Uzi. It continues when Loki gets the Uzi from Thor and returns fire at him.
- When Thor confronts the Nom’s in the final scene he gives them an awesome F’ing bitches stare and struts out. Loved it!
- Gerald Webb made his mandatory appearance.
- Pay attention to Richard Grieco, I really think he got too much enjoyment walking around Los Angeles in costume. I wouldn’t doubt it if he slept in costume.
- It’s Beavis of me, but I got a chuckle from Loki calling out to his pets and screaming “Come to me from underneath”.
- Finally, I need to learn how to work the “Gateway” so I can go from the couch to the bathroom so I stop urinated in the kitchen sink….just kidding, I go out the window into the alley, relax!